Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!

This morning at 7 am, I went to the polls and voted for the first time! I'm somewhat of a procrastinator, so I had never registered to vote until this year's deadline...lol. Needless to say, I made the deadline and was able to cast my vote. It was a good experience too. I wasn't sure what to expect as far as how long I would wait (I've heard that can be a nightmare) or how to actually vote! With help from Jeremy though, I think I did well. From what I've heard, the place where I voted is a little old fashioned. They don't actually have machines to vote on. They give you a ballot with all of the parties and candidates on it and beside each name is a broken arrow. What you have to do is fill in the arrow next to the person you choose to vote for. No pushing buttons or flipping switches. Just a pen and paper. As soon as you finish doing that, you put your ballot into a machine and it reads it for you! The process is probably alot better because you don't have to wait as long and it's alot less confusing! I was in my polling place for maybe 5 minutes! After Jeremy and I voted, we went and ate breakfast together! It was a good morning! I even made it to work early...lol.

So I suppose you are wondering who I voted for!


There you have it!

2 comments:

Heather Smith said...

My McCain/Palin Vote is in too!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I voted for McCain/Palin too. It must be a Farley thing! lol Now, all we have to do is pray that everyone else in America feels the way the Farley's do! I can't wait to watch the election unfold with you tonight. See ya soon!

Love, Tammy (MIL)