Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm in the Holiday Spirit now!

Today I officially entered into the holiday spirit! One of the local radio stations started to play Christmas music and now I am hooked! I tried to get myself in the spirit about a week ago by playing some Christmas music at home, but it just wasn't happening then. I think this year I just had to let it come naturally! So in the spirit of the holiday's I wanted to share some of my favorite things that I love about this time of year!

  1. I love the warm and fuzzy feeling that this time of year brings. I love being with friends and family inside a warm house when it's so cold outside! It's fun to just sit around and enjoy each other's company while watching a movie or making cookies or just talking with each other!
  2. Christmas music is another favorite of mine as you can see from what I wrote at the top. This just really puts me in the mood because as soon as they start to play non-stop music, I immediately want to do everything else that comes with this season.
  3. Christmas movies are a must have this time of year. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Elf, White Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas are just a few that I cannot go without watching every year!
  4. Let's not forget about Thanksgiving! I'm really excited about Christmas, but I don't want to forget about this holiday. It is probably one of my favorites to celebrate. I love when family comes together and spends time together without any distractions going on. The food is great and I love the feeling the day brings. We should be thankful throughout the whole year, but it is always good to be especially thankful on this day!
  5. Last but not least, I love to decorate! This year Jeremy and I have our own house and I cannot wait to decorate the house for Thanksgiving and Christmas! We are having Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year and I think it will be so much fun!

I would love to know what some of your favorite things about the holidays are!

3 comments:

Heather Smith said...

I'm so in the spirit this year! I think it's because it's Alaena's first Christmas. I'm almost done shopping, and you know that isn't me!

Unknown said...

I am due Feb 11!!! That is so funny.

Heather Smith said...

It SNOWED here today, so I'm definitely in the holiday spirite now!!!