Friday, November 7, 2008

I've picked up an old habit...

Don't worry, it's nothing bad or anything...lol. I've recently started reading again. I go through stages where I get into a habit of loving to read and then, I lose it. I can't seem to stay focused on what I am reading for very long to keep it up for very long. However, whenever I read Karen Kingsbury books, I get so involved in them and I just can't seem to put them down.

Right now, I am reading a great series that she has. I just recently finished "A Time to Dance" and have moved on to the sequel, "A Time to Embrace". These two books have probably been some of the best I have read yet. The reason that I love these books so much is because they have helped me appreciate my marriage more. The first book deals with a couple's battle to keep their marriage together and how in the end they overcame many trials and were stronger because of them in the end. Jeremy and I have a wonderful marriage and I am so thankful that we have not had to face any hard trials just yet. I pray that God helps us continue to keep Him first in our marriage so that when we face the hard times, we can look to him for help.

As for book number two, I am still reading! I can hardly put it down though!

I know some of you out there love Karen Kingsbury just as much as I do. Any good recommendations for my next book to read? I wanna keep this habit going!

3 comments:

Christy Smith said...

I would recommend either the Even Now/Ever After books, or 1,000 Tomorrows/Just Beyond the Clouds. The first ones are about the Iraq war and bringing a family back together. The second ones are about a cowboy and a barrel racer that fall in love and his family. I personally like the second of the choices best, but they are both so good!

Heather Smith said...

Anything in the Redemption/Firstborn/Sunset Series that are about the Baxters. I'm so sad that I'm reading the last one! She has a new book out tomorrow that goes with the 9/11 series. I'm just warning you now, get your reading in before the baby comes!! LOL!

Cristina Camarata said...

I have some great suggestions on some books for you! I've so enjoyed reading them myself and even after being married 6yrs...there is still so much learning and growing to do in strenghthening your marriage. Here's just a few..."Sacred Marriage" By Gary Thomas..."Woman Power- The proper care and feeding of husbands"...by Dr. Laura Schlessinger and "The proper care and Feeding of Marriage" By Dr. Laura Schlessinger. 3 Very good books!