Thursday, February 5, 2009

Help!

I went to the doctor this morning for my 39 week check-up. I am 80% effaced and 1cm dialated! However, my doctor keeps asking me if I want to be induced! I don't understand why she is asking me that if I haven't even reached my due date yet. Does anyone have an answer? I would really rather not be induced because I've heard of complications. Maybe they are just rumors, I don't know. I just really need some advice on all of this! If anyone has any answers or suggestions, PLEASE let me know!

On another note, we are still working on the nursery. Yes, I know...I'm due next week and the room still isn't done! We really don't have alot to do, it's just a matter of not having enough time to do it in! The floor is completely put in and the walls are painted. The furniture still needs to be painted and the crib needs to be put together and we have to put the trim on the wall still! I have a few pictures to show you, so you can see that we really are working on it...lol.


Just pray that we can get the room finished soon and that Maddy will just naturally come soon!!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear ya Allison. They gave me an updated due date of the 8th, which was yesterday, and now I am more anxious than ever! Last week at my 39 week check up (I was still two days from 39 weeks though) I was 60% effaced, but she didnt say if I was dilated. I have been drinking raspberry tea non-stop(they said it is supposed to help you progress in your labor) but that hasnt helped, although it tastes great! AND I do not want to be induced either, but at my hospital they really don't like you to go past 41 weeks. I want him to come out today! Can't wait to see which one of us goes first!!!