Friday, January 16, 2009

Progress...

Slowly but surely we are making progress with the nursery. We have had a few minor setbacks, but everything is starting to come together. I bought the crib set from Target back in October and have since then been looking for the perfect crib. I had a few choices and today I finally decided on one! I really loved the way the crib set was pictured with a white crib so I just had to have one! Here is the one that I decided to go with!












I found it online at Wal-Mart for a very good price and they do free shipping if you have it sent to the store! It should arrive it just a couple of weeks. I can't wait to put it all together with the crib set. Tonight we are going to try and finish sanding and painting the walls. We had to putty the walls quite a bit because they weren't in very good shape. Hopefully we can finish that up so tomorrow we can start laying the floor. We decided to go with hardwood. I think that will be a nice touch!

I mentioned earlier we had a few minor setbacks. Well, the weather has been extremely cold here and has caused our pipes to freeze and we think they may have busted! Please pray that we can get all of that taken care of before Madelyn gets here. I really don't want her to come home to such a crazy house...lol!

As far as baby Maddy goes, I had my 36 week check up on Wednesday and everything looks great! The doctor said that my cervix is softening. I'm not really sure what that means, but I would assume that I am nearing the end! I also had my test done for Strep B. Pray that it comes back negative because that could cause potential problems during the delivery! I cannot wait until she gets here. I'm getting very anxious!

I will post more later on. Hopefully I can give you a sneak preview of the nursery!

1 comments:

Heather Smith said...

Hey girl! Sounds like things are coming together! So exciting. I was positive for the Strep B, but they just had to run antibiotic IV during labor. Alaena came out just fine!